Friday, August 08, 2003

movin' right along

Bear left. Right frog.

We're putting our things in storage. We gave ourselves plenty of time to get it all done and not rush and all of that. But everyday when we get started, I want to just keep going until I'm worn out and we can't find anything else ready to go. I should be pacing myself. I really should be. But I'm just so intent on getting it done so I can get there.

I've been in Murfreesboro for six years, almost to the day. I graduated last year with a B.S. in Psychology (I'll pause while you snicker). I've been a year waiting for this, waiting for my chance to go out and start changing the world. Now that I've finished my preparation. Now that I"m a full-grown adult.

The journey starts in four days. I'll leave Murfreesboro for the first significant amount of time since 1999, when I went to Spain for six weeks. I'll be in my home town of Memphis for one day, and then it's off to a city I've never seen. A cold, windy city where I'm the one with the accent, the girl who talks slow like a southerner. It's gonna be some crazy times, and I really just can't wait.

I'm going to get back to packing now. Preparing to leave here. Getting out of Murfreesboro...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home