Monday, September 29, 2003

a few words on simple living

I am so excited this week, and you would be to if you lived in my house.

Admittedly, I was a bit worried about that whole "food" thing when I moved to Chicago. We are allotted $100 a month for groceries each. That's $600 for the house for the month. Michael and I were spending more than half of that before we moved up here. We really weren't sure how that was going to hold.

But, well, last night, Michael made chicken terrioki with vegetable rice, corn, and baked potatoes. It was so good, I can't even tell you.

Tonight, Daena is making gnocci. Based on its spelling, and the spelling of Daena's last name (Tamborini), I'm guessing it's an Italian dish, that has been described to me as "little potatoe dumplings". Daena's a vegetarian, and boy can she cook some Italian food.

Tomorrow is my turn. I'm making Tarragon Chicken with grapes, steamed broccoli, and spagheti with some sort of tasty sauce.

Wednesday, Fabian is making home made potato soup.

Thursday, Val is making chicken and vegetarian lasagnes.

Granted, last month we over-spent a bit. But it was only our first month of budgetting, and we only overspent about five dollars. And yes, this is how we eat, all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home