Sunday, October 05, 2003

sugar headache

Daena, Fabian, Michael, and I ventured outside of Chicago today. We spent an hour driving to an apple orchard, and then spent the first beautiful afternoon here in awhile picking apples.

I ate so many apples today.

I'm making apple cobbler tonight. I'm hoping it will work as well as that peach cobbler did. We have so many apples. You would not believe how many apples we have. I took ten out of the bag to set aside for the cobbler- the bag was still full.

I think it's slightly funny that after spending my life in Tennessee, the first time I ever picked apples in an orchard was when I moved to Chicago.

It was a nice day.

This week was a good week, too. I had 6 students on Monday (up from 3 the previous Friday). But then I had no more the rest of the week. But then, on Friday, I had a teen come to me and explain his troubles in school (translation: will you tutor me?) So, hopefully, I'll be spending less and less of my tutoring hours alone. I also had a meeting with Yesica about Project HOpe, and will hopefully be training soon, so my days will be taken as well. And, Sr. Angie suggested having a writing contest to raise interest in my writing class. When I passed out flyers to the teens in RCIA yesterday, the interest was definitely raised.

And then Israel had to go and bomb Syria, and foul my mood up. Has everyone who's reading this gone and researched Project for a New American Century yet? Go do it- now. If you wait, you'll start to think that this was something that people fabricated after the fact.

Man, we have got to fix this world somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home