Saturday, October 30, 2004

Treatise on Women Presidents

The wind today is crazy. Water sprays up out of puddles and it sounds like the windows are going to break from the force of all that air flying about.

But I have some good news.

Trevor is not going to Iraq. 25 of the 35 in his division are. He's one of the lucky ten. So he proposed to his girlfriend, Lena. I only hope we can make it down to TN for the wedding.

I first met Trevor when I first started dating Michael. Trevor was one of the, I daresay, large number of Michael's friends who were afraid of me because I'm a feminist. Not really sure what that would entail, but pretty sure from all the horror-stories that it was gonna be bad, these guys cowered from me. And it was funny.

Trevor came out of it first when, during a random conversation one night, he declared, "It's not that women CAN'T be President. Women don't WANT to be President. Because then there would be no war. And that would be f--king boring." And I laughed and I wrote it down and I quoted it in Scribbling Mob, the feminist magazine I was editing at the time.

Trevor calls me Gorgeous, and he really likes Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, so we have lots of geeky stuff to talk about whenever we see each other, much to Michael's displeasure, since he could do without Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

I've been really worried about him since we were home this summer and he told us about his odds of going to Iraq in January. I danced around for ten minutes when I heard the good news.

In other good news, I went to my first meeting with the Latino Coalition for Prevention yesterday, and I joined the GLBTQ committee. My official title with HOPE Program now is Public Relations... um... Master? Czar? Something or other. I came to be in charge of it because Yesica is more of an introver than I am. So now I'm in charge of recruiting schools to get presentations, etc. Going well thusfar. Michael and I are going to the Holy Cross Banquet tonight. And I've been super-busy with tutoring lately, and I am going to help one of my theatre girls sculpt a bust of Edgar Allen Poe any minute now...

3 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home