Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Playing with the Kiddies

I have had more fun at work this week than I have in a good while.

I'm working with the youth again. My theatre group has eight people in it, all very stoked about the project. We have had so much fun getting things together. My art class is full. I don't have any more clay to give to a new member. And they are all loving it. It's an entirely new group, too, (save for one student) than the group I had in the evenings during the school year.

We're also doing sports two nights a week now. Last night we played volleyball, but we didn't have a net, which made the game ... interesting. I got to play too, and the guys from my old art class stood on the sidelines cheering for me (like, doing cheers). I said, "Come on, guys! I want a human pyramid!"

And they made one!!!!

It's a fantastically good feeling to realize that they young adults I work with like me enough to make me a human pyramid while I play volleyball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home