Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Useful

I started spiritual direction this morning. I'm not entirely sure how it's going to go, although I imagine it will be useful in my life. Sr. Chris is a really neat lady who seems accepting of my very ecclectic spirituality. We talked about a lot of things this morning, and walking away, my main thought was that I really need a day off.

Not so much because my life is ultra stressful or that I feel overworked. Because I neither is the case. It's mostly that there's always something to do... and so I always do something rather than writing or praying or meditating or any sort of introspection really.

I've spent this week realizing that I"m just really lucky. I've got a really great life, and I have a feeling that I'm one of the few people my age who is already reaching her goals. And plus I've got a great husband, great community, great family, great friends. There's not so much more a person could ask for. But I've got a lot more too. I love my job. So much. This is the best job.

Hmm. I don't want to be sappy. Here's some concrete things happening in my life.

I'm starting a writer's group. Or, more importantly I should say, I've recruited a teen who is going to start a writer's group. Ashley. Now there is a girl who's got a lot to say, and who needs to be in charge of something, who needs to really own something, who really needs to be listened to and taken seriously, because God she's so smart and she has so many thoughts smashing through her head. Here is one girl who does not deserve to become a statistic.

But of course, no one does.

I'm working with the parish on the anniversary banquet. It's the big fundraiser of the year, with food and music and dancing and entertainment. I've been to them before, but this is my first time really being involved in any of the beforehand stuff. It's really incredible how much more excited I am about it because of that. I feel so useful. That's a really nice feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home