Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Best Day of the Year

Really and truly.

I say that all the time, that May 10th is the best day, and I hold that that is generally true, but I also hold that that is specifically true for today. It is the best day, weather-wise, that we have seen yet in Chicago this year. It's 79 degrees, with clear blue skies, slightly humid and cool the way it is the day after a storm, and the winds are just lovely.

Add to that the following facts:

I took mis Amigos del Barrio (my theatre kids) to see Grease Saturday night, and we had a spectacular time. And even though I don't like the story, or the message, or some of the songs, it's still a rather fun musical, so I'm still happy about having gotten to take the Amigos.

Today is Mexican Mothers Day, and on Thursday, HOPE Program as putting on an event for women called Celébrate Mamá. I've been mad-crazy organizing the event, but it's gonna be so boss. And yes, I did just say that.

This weekend, Daena and I, and Eladio, are driving a moving van to DC to help our friend Kathy move. Then we get to spend the weekend in DC, and Kathy's flying us back, and I probably get to see my-Brian, and it's gonna rock totally.

Also, Br. Bruce from the Franciscan Partners left a message on our answering machine saying that he's reviewed our application, and now we need to talk to see about placement. So I get to call him today about that.

And on Sunday, Ian told me a knock-knock joke. Two, actually. It was the coolest thing.

All of these tidbits add up to me being in a great mood today. Which leads us back to this being the best day of the year.

(And in case anyone was wondering... I'm 26 now)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home