Wednesday, October 22, 2003

neo and trinity

One of the Claretians noted that Michael looks like Keanu Reeves. He nodded fervently when I told him that I had some friends who call me Trinity. He went on to suggest that we get some black trenchcoats, rent a limosine, and go to the very first screening of the Matrix Revolutions. Just to see what would happen...

Now, my house is picking characters from the Matrix to dress up as for Halloween. Michael and I were originally planning to be Dream and Delirium from the Sandman comics, but now it turns out I"m going to be helping with a "Haunted Tunnel" at Holy Cross that night. Delirium can be pretty scary, granted, but not really in that "Haunted Tunnel" sort of way. So I don't know.

My days are getting busier at Holy Cross. I'm going to train next week for Project Hope (the STD thing), and my art class has decided to put a comic book together. (No competition, E, we're looking at probably two copies per person who contributes.) What that means for now is that I'm learning everything I can about comic art. We're probably going to be taking a field trip downtown to the main library to pick up some drawing books, graphic novels, and the like. I picked up five this morning, in addition to the four I checked out on Thursday. I've had a library card for over a month now, which means I can check out up to 30 books. And since I go there at least once a week, and I've been reading like mad since I got to Chicago, that means that I need to put a chart up on my wall with a list of all the books I have out and their due dates.

Also, things are starting to gear up for RCIA. We're putting together altars for Dia de los Muertos. I'm mentoring five kids (with the potential addition of one or two more). They're all painfully shy. I hope they start getting used to each other. And me.

Plus I changed the meeting night for the writing classes, so I will probably actually have a student or two this week. I know, I know. I keep saying that. But really. I just might, this time.

This also means that my schedule is starting to conflict from time to time. Need to get new pages printed for my schedule book.

Had a brilliant idea this morning to tie up that last loose end in my recently re-worked story. Need to work on that, too.

This is great though. I'm finally starting to get busy doing what I do. Love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home