Friday, March 18, 2005

Hazel Green

My eyes used to be brown before I started to work in a Mexican neighborhood. I no longer know anyone, except for the white people I live with, who will agree with me that my eyes are brown. They laugh at me when I say it. They say that they are hazel, or green. But brown? No, that's just silly. And in fact, I have a group of ladies that are actively trying to convince me that my eyes are not brown. Every time they see me in another person's presence, they ask that other person what color my eyes are.

So there you go.

Also, there is a peace protest tomorrow morning downtown that Michael and I are going to. There are also about a million others all over the world, but we won't be going to those. Most of them are just too far away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home