Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Sneaky sneaky

The office in the rectory closed early last night. I was standing approximately 25 feet away, and missed it. My Writing Group had already converged, we had just not yet gone inside. But the doors were locked up, the stand-in receptionist had gone home. We lost our chance to get into our basement room.

So we met outside.

It was pretty good actually. The weather's turned brisk, but is not yet cold. We sat in the grass underneath a tree and read poetry and then did an exercise called Exquisite Corpse. The teens took to it, and I'm willing to bet they'll be doing more of them on their own time.

Tonight is Youth Group, and then afterward I've been invited to join a free Tai Chi class. I think I'll check it out and see what's what. I've seen them practicing before at night on a street corner between my house and St. Paul. I talked to the guy who runs it today, he said I should come on by.

I spent Monday at work helping to clean out Fr. Marino's office. It was much, much, MUCH needed. Normally it seems that I wouldn't feel like I accomplished something after spending 6 hours emptying, organizing, and rearranging an office. But, dude. You should really see the office, especially if you have a 'before' picture in mind.

Tomorrow I'm going to work over at the school with their Book Fair. I love books--no secret there. I've signed on with the school Librarian to help log and organize the books when they're ready to open the library. And now I get to do a book fair as well.

On Friday, Jose Luis (who is the daytime receptionist at St. Paul) is starting a Spanish class--also for free. Several of my community are going, including myself, and maybe Michael. I'm interested to see how that's gonna go.

This Saturday, I"m taking a group of teens down to S. Chicago to play board games with the seniors at Villa Guatalupe. It'll be boss.

So yeah, fairly busy week--but not insanely so. Just enough to really get me up and going. Get my creative brain juices going. I wrote a new song yesterday, and I'm well on my way into a new chapter of one of my stories. It's nice, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home