Thursday, February 22, 2007

Practically speaking

I've started reading psych textbooks to update the information in my head. I've joined the Y so I can exercise and not get too stressed. I go back and forth between determination and high anxiety. I want to have every possible piece of information at hand before I make my final decision. Hawaii is the front-runner right now, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm being impractical, even if all current information points to it being practical enough to work. And work well. Is it really possible that it's okay for someone like me to go to Hawaii for four years? Could good actually come from it?

Clark has, unfortunately, dropped from number one status on my list of preferences. I am enamored with the program, but it is simply not practical. Not for both of us. And there, grad school would really be it. There would be nothing in Worcester itself that would make living there worth it to me. It would only be the program. It's not enough for me. And it would be nothing for Michael.

I'm going to Oklahoma in a couple of weeks to interview. A mainland option. I feel like I need to have a mainland option, just so I can be completely practical about it. When I tell people that, they understand what I mean, but they still laugh at me for setting up an option of Hawaii or Stillwater, Oklahoma. Is that even an option?

Well, let's be practical, and see.

1 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger E in Atlanta said...

I suppose at this stage GSU is right out. Poo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home