Thursday, June 17, 2004

One thing at a time

So, granted, it's me.

And I really oughtn't be surprised, but I've kind of gone and spread myself too thin.

Again.

Every time I hit a lull, I add in new projects rather than waiting for more stuff to do to come along. So then, when more stuff to do comes along, I also have all these new projects to work on as well. Then I can either drop everything and go on with the sense of a job not done, or I can complete everything in a harried, frenzied manner (which, granted, is fun-- and probably the reason why I just never learn).

And so it is that this is the week where every day feels like Friday, but that blessed relief of a day off to get stuff done is still just so far away. I'll have a whole weekend to mark things off my list, and I fully plan on getting that list down to a more manageable level so that I stop feeling so random and unfocused.

Too many swords in the fire. I heard that one recently. That's what I feel like.

Today's Thursday, but I hardly believe it any more. We must still be somewhere near the beginning of the week-- because the beginning of the week has just lasted so friggin' long.

So here's what I'm going to do to help myself get focused:

Step One: Complain about it on my blog.

Step Two: Type out an official-looking list, with headings and everything, of everything I need to get done by Monday

Step Three: Take extreme pleasure in scribbling things off the list

Step Four: Conveniently lose the list by Sunday night so I don't have to look at a list of things I didn't get done on time.

...one down, three to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home