Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The Muppets and Some Guy

According to the date at the bottom of this screen, it is January 4th, which means that it is ten days after Christmas. I still haven't mailed out my presents to people who don't live in Chicago. But I'm planning on doing so soon... as soon as I can secure a car during post office hours. We kind of only have one car right now, since we kind of got into a wreck a couple of weeks ago. Not our fault, of course. It was the SUV driver who decided to see if it would be fun to rear-end the cheapass volunteer car. Turns out that it wasn't. You live and you learn.

Anyway, while we were preparing for the Pastorela, my theatre group was talking about what Christmas music to play. Edy said, "Hey! I got the Muppets and Some Guy!" To which I squealed, "You have John Denver and the Muppets?!" To which he replied, "Maybe. Yeah, that sounds right." I danced around saying that that was the Christmas album of my childhood and he absolutely had to bring it. And he did, although we didn't use it.

I went to a movie the youth council was presenting at Holy Cross last Thursday. When I showed up, Edy disappeared for a minute, and then returned with a present for me--a burned copy of the Muppets and Some Guy CD. I was happy for that, and said so, and Edy said, "Do you want to hear it?" So they put it into the DVD player and played the first song, which was not sung by the Muppets *or* Some Guy, but was rather soft Christmas music and recorded messages from every member of Amigos del Barrio Theatre Group, wishing me a merry Christmas, and good luck for life, and thanks for my work with them, and friendship eternal. It was the absolute best Christmas present.

Daena made fun of me because my new favorite CD is full of Christmas music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home