Monday, April 23, 2007

Warm and tired.

I had a great weekend. And it was a good thing too, because work last week was busy and upsetting and good, but not very enjoyable. Still working hard pushing this investigation through with DHS. I don't know; maybe we're getting somewhere now. But we won't know for weeks now that it's in the hands of yet another department, yet another aspect of this gigantic system.

I tell you, it's more and more absurd to me as time goes on that we have created and perpetuated such a huge, complicated machine to rule our lives. Look at taxes. Why should we have to hire someone to navigate the tax system for us every year? Why should it be so complex? And law. Why do you need to hire a lawyer in order to take part in justice? We all know that rich people can afford better justice than poor people, but why do we keep it that way? Why haven't we changed this yet? I don't get it.

At any rate, weekend was awesome. We had a cook-out on Saturday. And, oh jeez, I need to call Dad. We grilled those deer steaks he gave me at Christmas and, oh boy! They were awesome. Did I mention that this weekend was the warmest since mid-September? Fun fact courtesy of the Chicago Tribune. On Sunday Michelle and I went hiking at the Starved Rock national park. Also awesome. It really was just a perfect day in every way.

I'm all tired and sunburnt and sore today. It's great.

Back to work today. This week will be tiring in a way, too, because we'll have our MAC dispense and we'll have 200 heavy boxes of food to get out. But that too is a good kind of tired. The kind that leaves you a little more hopeful afterwards that good still comes.

peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home